Earn up to 3 CECs
Want to offer more creative balance training options for your clients with quicker results?
We all know balance matters, but choosing the right exercise and feedback also matters to progress balance and optimize motor performance.
4 modules are introduced that include:
• A break out session for you to try different exercises (we learn by doing and can teach clients better when we feel the different exercises)
• Handouts that review the current research and links to the most updated research.
• Educational handouts that you can provide to clients.
• Videos with explanations on what to observe and cues to help train balance with progressions.
• Components of a balance task, head righting, visual scanning exercises, stepping exercises based on research, and so much more
What's Included in the Balance Matters course...
Module 1: Sensory Integration
Module 2: Equilibrium strategies
• Ankle strategy
• Hip Strategy
• Stepping Strategy
Module 3: Single leg stance
• Assessment and training of the
- Transfer phase
- Maintenance phase
Module 4: Sit to stand
• Review of the 4 phases
• Training tips (so much more than nose over toes...)
Erica DeMarch, a physical therapist and the inventor of Balance Matters, will introduce innovative ways to assess balance and use feedback to help make balance “click.” She will help provide your clients autonomy with multiple choices of balance exercises to add to their circuits that address specific sensory balance challenges, movement strategies, and functional tasks.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How does lifetime access sound?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days, and we will give you a full refund.
Copyright © 2020 Functional Aging Institute. All Rights Reserved.