Earn up to 8 CECs
- Over 2 hours of narrated PowerPoint video instruction arranged into 5 parts:
• Part 1: Fall statistics, risk factors and rationale for balance training your high function older clients
• Part 2: Age-related changes in vision, vestibular and somatosensory function, neuromuscular fitness, gait patterning, and cognition• Educational handouts that you can provide to clients.
• Part 3: Interventions that reduce fall risk, essential exercise components for balance training programs.
• Part 4: Implementing the Functional Reach Test, Timed Up-and-Go Test and 30-Second Chair Stand Test, Normative values for assessments
• Part 5: Systematic approach to constructing exercise programs from assessment results, progression & regression strategies
- A 60-page PDF manual complete with figures, tables, illustrations, external web links and a complete list of references that reflect the latest science and practice
- A 40+ exercise Video Library for you to access to build customized balance training and fall risk reduction programs for your older clients
- Bonus access to the Mobility Matters program design web platform to further develop and refine your training programs
Christian is an Associate Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at the University of San Francisco and the owner of Thompson Fitness Solutions, LLC. Christian has published scientific articles on exercise programming for older adults in peer-reviewed journals such as Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, and Journal of Applied Research.
At USF, Christian is engaged in numerous research and community projects investigating exercise programming for falls prevention in older adults. These projects, including Brain Body Trainer (neuroscape.ucsf.edu) and Always Active (www.alwaysactive.org) have been externally funded by the National Institutes of Health, San Francisco Department of Aging and Adult Services, Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit Foundation, and the Moore Foundation. These works resulted in Christian receiving the Outstanding Young Researcher Award from the Council on Aging and Adult Development in 2009 and provide numerous research opportunities for undergraduate students at USF.
Christian’s professional service includes involvement with the American College of Sports Medicine by serving as Chair of the Interest Group on Aging, the Health & Fitness Summit Planning Committee and previous service to the Professional Education Committee.
Christian is a featured author on older adult exercise for the PTA Global certification program and also developed educational content for IDEA, the National Academy of Sports Medicine, TRX Training, the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Senior Fitness Association. He serves as an advisor to many industry groups and has appeared in numerous lay publications such as the ACSM Health Fitness Journal, IDEA Fitness Journal, San Francisco Chronicle, Cleveland Clinic Health Newsletter, Arthritis Advisor, and GOLF Magazine.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How does lifetime access sound?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days, and we will give you a full refund.
Copyright © 2020 Functional Aging Institute. All Rights Reserved.